My unique Table Shiatsu is a form of massage that utilizes the hands, thumb, or other body parts, to apply direct pressure on various points or channels in the body. It is performed through loose clothing and does not use oils.
Massage therapy works primarily with the muscles; shiatsu focuses on the joints and fascia (connective tissue). Fourth, while massage therapy is most often performed with the client lying on a massage table, a shiatsu session is done on the floor, with the client lying on a comfortable mat or other padded surface.
You might have some mild side effects such as headache and muscle stiffness after treatment.
What should I expect after a shiatsu massage?
Shiatsu may cause soreness or nausea in some people after the massage for some individuals, but it should subside within 24-48 hours.
Who can benefit from shiatsu massage?
Benefits of Shiatsu Massage, weather done on a table as an addon or as a full session done on a mattress on the floor.
- Improves Your Circulation and Reduces Constipation. …
- Reduces Stress, Tension, Anxiety. …
- Help with Insomnia. …
- Decreases Depressive Symptoms. …
- Helps Bring Relief to Arthritis Sufferers.
- Headaches, PMS
- Digestive disorders
- Fatigue, insomnia
- Musculoskeletal pain, including low back, neck, and joint pain.
When should I not get a Shiatsu Massage?
- Uncontrolled Diabetes
- Suffering from blood cancer such as Leukemia
- Have any broken bones
- Have a fever
- Have a contagious illness
- Suffering from, sun burn
- Skin rashes or open wounds
History of Chair Massage
As both a practitioner and teacher of chair massage as well as traditional Japanese massage; he formulated a combination of deep tissue, acupressure, stretching and percussion techniques.
Having people remain clothed during massage overcame the first obstacle. Then, in 1986 he invented the portable massage chair for it to become more conveniently available. With this mobility of the chair, he could bring massage to the people, anywhere, anytime; and the term On Site Chair Massage was born.
Benefits of Massage chair treatments
- Increases circulation
- Reduces muscular tension
- Stimulates lymphatic tissues – and thereby flushing out toxins
- Helps to relieve muscle stiffness
- Reduces stress-induced tension
- Releases endorphins (feel-good hormone) into the blood stream
- Reduces fatigue, anxiety and depression
- Helps provide a basis for better quality of sleep
Clients have been pleasantly surprised by how satisfying the chair massage experience can be. With the variety of techniques and sequences used, you will experience great satisfaction with this short invigorating massage.